Daniel Linnet, M. Photog. AIPP
Daniel is the principal tutor of Sydney Photographic Workshops. His initial passion for art was his oil painting and sketching, occasionally using his camera to take reference shots. His interest in photography grew as he was drawn to the immediacy of his photographic images.
A Master Photographer with the Australian Institute of Professional Photography (AIPP), Daniel has made a definitive impact within the international photographic industry. His work has been selected and awarded widely throughout the world. You may view a list of these awards by clicking the awards tab above.
Daniel has extensive experience in fashion, lifestyle, automotive, portraiture and fine art photography and his work has been featured in numerous publications internationally. He served for 3 years as NSW Chairman of the Society of Advertising, Commercial & Media Photographers. He has also had feature articles on his work and style appear in: Australian Photo Review, Better Photography, Mac World, Australian CREATIVE, Better Photoshop Techniques and Capture Magazines.
- 2016 Elinchrom (Australia) Ambassador
- 2015/16 Canon Master
- 2013 International Loupe Awards: Medium Format Art Prize – 1st And 3rd Place (Illustrative Category)
- 2012 National Canon Eos Photo 5 Competition – Judge
- 2012 Creative Asia Awards – Finalist
- 2011 5th Annual International Photography Masters Cup – Winner
- 2011 ACP Awards – Finalist
- 2011 Head On Portrait Prize – Finalist
- 2011 Noovo Vol4 – Selection
- 2011 Lexar Media Elite Photographer
- 2010 International Aperture Awards – Open Category Finalist
- 2009/2010 Australian Capture Magazine Photo Annual
- 2009 London International Creative Competition – Shortlist
- 2008 Luerzer’s Archive – 200 Best Ad Photographers Worldwide
- 2008 AIPP NSW Portrait Photographer Of The Year
- 2008 AIPP NSW Open Category Photographer of the Year
- 2008 PDN (Photo District News) Photo Annual
- 2007 Canon / Aipp National Environmental Portrait Award
- 2007 AIPP NSW Open Category Photographer of the Year
- 2007 AIPP NSW Commercial Photographer of the Year – Runner Up